A company may be registered with or without a company name. When a company is registered without a name, its registration number automatically becomes the company name. Such a company may transact with a trading (business) name, or may apply to add a reserved name at a later stage.
A company registration is R125 for both private company and non-profit companies registered without members. A private company must have at least one (1) director and a non-profit company must have a minimum of three (3) directors. A successful company registration transaction automatically comes with a tax registration number.
You may apply for between 1 and 4 proposed names during an application process, which costs R50. If your name reservation application is not approved, you will need to apply for new names at another cost of R50.
- BizPortal currently only caters for South African ID holders. Login on https://eservices.cipc.co.za if you do not have a South African ID.
- A 3D Secure cheque or credit card that is enabled for online transactions.
- A list of up to four (4) proposed names for your company.
- For director verification you need to have all directors’ identity documents/cards and marriage certificates. Possible verification questions are:
- Date of issue of the identity document or card
- Marriage date, as recorded by the Department of Home Affairs
- Spouse’s ID number
Credits – Taken from https://www.bizportal.gov.za/company_reg.aspx